Join us Friday at 11am for a Hike! Location TBD
Join us Saturday, 7:30 – 9:00am for Tidepooling!!
Come to the Hook for exploring the rocky intertidal and learn the organisms from the bride herself! Bring closed-toed shoes that you don’t mind getting wet. The groom will also be there (with extra binoculars) and can teach you about California’s seabirds.
See Google Map below for an interactive way to view our suggestions alongside the wedding shuttle route!
Eat Delicious Food
• For the best breakfast burrito ever, head to Chill Out Cafe.
• Then head to Abe’s favorite coffee place, Verve Coffee.
• For lunch in Capitola Village, try Zelda’s On the Beach
• If you want something more fancy Paradise Grill (get the Beach Blanket Breadalon!).
• According to Abe, Sante Adairius Brewery (map) is best brewery in the central coast. Hopheads, try the 831!
• Soquel Vineyards (map) is right next to the wedding venue and opens at noon Saturday.
• New Bohemian Brewery (map) is conveniently located on 41st by the Fairfield Inn & Suites.
• Beer Thirty (map) has great beers, outdoor seating, ping pong, darts, and corn hole. Stop by before the Welcome Dinner and challenge the bride and groom to a game of ping pong.
Adventures In and Around Capitola
• Rent a surfboard or paddle board at Capitola Surf & Paddle.
• Relax on Capitola Beach for mellow beach next to the downtown.
• Go to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk to play on the beach and ride rollercoasters.
• Go for a hike at Nisene Marks to see second-growth forest.
• Henry Cowell Redwoods is a great hike to see enormous redwood trees.
• See otters and birds from shore or rent a kayak at Elkhorn Slough.
• Hike or mountain bike through Wilder Ranch‘s coastal cliffs, oaks and redwoods.
• Drive 45 minutes to see marine life at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
• An hour south of Capitola is the rugged, remote, and stunning Big Sur coast.
• San Francisco is a scenic 2-hour drive from Capitola up the coastal highway.
Need a Manicure or Pedicure?
Head to Opal Spa & Boutique at 1066 41st Ave A103, Capitola, CA 95010.